Bilateral agreements provide financial support for teaching and research activities with universities all over the world. General agreements (which cover all of UNIL) are separate from faculty agreements (which are limited to a particular faculty). Once the agreement has been signed, the International Relations Office can contribute to travel costs for UNIL teaching staff, subject to the funds available.
Maximum stay of two weeks in the partner university for teaching or research activities.
The following members of the UNIL teaching staff can benefit from financial support from the International Relations Office:
- Professors (as defined in art. 52 al. 1 let. a of the Law on the University of Lausanne, i.e. full professors, associate professors, and assistant professors);
- Senior lecturers type 1 and 2 (maîtres d'enseignement et de recherche de type 1 et de type 2).
- Agreement signed with the partner university (see list of agreements opposite)
- Maximum two-week stay
- Maximum three trips per year for a general agreement (one per faculty) and one trip per year for a faculty agreement
- Trips that take place during academic sabbaticals cannot be covered.
- Reimbursement of 2nd class train ticket from Lausanne (1st class for Full, Associate and Assistant Professors).
- Reimbursement of air travel (economy class) and train ticket from Lausanne to the airport.
- Allowance for actual meals (CHF 20 per main meal and CHF 8 for breakfast, if not included with overnight accommodation) for a maximum of 14 days.
Preparing a bilateral agreement
The International Relations Office may contribute to the costs of a preparatory visit, subject to the funds available. The funding procedure is identical to the above.
Before the exchange
- Notify Marinette Robert at least one month before your trip. The International Relations Office will confirm if and to what extent the trip can be supported. Please note that the International Relations Office does not reimburse travel or subsistence costs unless it has been notified in advance.
After the exchange
- Return the reimbursement form in English or in French to the International Relations Office, completed and signed, along with all original receipts and a brief activity report in English or in French within 30 days after your return.
- You will be reimbursed once all the documents have been received.
Ms Marinette Robert
Tel. +41 21 692 20 20