The MITACS programme enables UNIL Master students to complete a research stay of 3 to 6 months at the University of Montreal. All fields of research are eligible. A stay in an institution affiliated to the University of Montreal (e.g. HEC Montreal, Polytechnic School of Montreal) is not possible.
For such a research stay, a scholarship of 6000 Canadian dollars is available, regardless of the length of the stay. Half of this sum comes from MITACS, a Canadian not-for-profit organisation, which has signed an agreement with the University of Montreal, and the other half from UNIL. In total, 5 scholarships are awarded.
Please complete the application form and return it completed and signed by electronic means to Mr. Matthias Buess.
- Please read carefully the preliminary information (form 0 of the application form)
- The different forms can be completed either in French or in English
- Please note that the commitment letter (form 8, lettre d'engagement pour le co-financement) must not be signed, there is no need to attach it to the application form
- A student has one year after the approval by MITACS to start the research stay
- A student already in Canada cannot apply for a MITACS scholarship unless he or she returns to his or her country and then departs again for the research stay at the Université de Montréal.