(only applies to German law students)
It is necessary to submit and validate your application online and to upload the documents requested.
Only complete applications submitted within the specified deadlines will be examined. If one or more of the documents referred to below are missing without justification, the application will be closed without further action and no decision will be sent to the candidates.
Content of applications for admission to German law:
- a passport format photograph
- a copy of the upper secondary school diploma
- a copy of all records of marks (transcripts) obtained in all examinations taken at university
- a registration certificate ("Studienbescheinigung") of your Law studies for at least 3 semesters
- a copy of the certificate in Civil Law confirming your successful participation in the course of civil law for beginners ("Übungen im Bürgerlichen Recht für Anfänger", respectively intermediate exam ("Zwischenprüfung") or equivalent) or a certificate of your university confirming that you are eligible to the "Übungen für Fortgeschrittene im Bürgerlichen Recht" (or equivalent) at your university
- a copy of the certificate proving ("Leistungsnachweis") that you have passed a "Hausarbeit" or a "Klausur" (solution of a case, not necessarily in civil law) with at least the grade "befriedigend". Please do not send us your written papers (bitte keine Hausarbeits- oder Klausurabschrift beilegen)
- a complete curriculum vitae
- a copy of the passport or identity card
- a proof of payment of CHF 200.-, see Administrative fees
- in addition to the copies in the original language, an authenticated translation of documents not issued in French, German, English or Italian.
German law students with a scholarship granted by Switzerland or Germany do not have to provide the registration certificate, the copy of the certificate in Civil Law (or other) and the certificate concerning the "Hausarbeit" or "Klausur". However they have to join to their application a certificate confirming that they have been granted a scholarship.
If the number of candidates exceeds the number of places available, the University will accord preference to students with a knowledge of Latin.
If the diploma giving entitlement to registration is issued only during the summer preceding immediately the beginning of the academic year, the candidate uploads the other documents within the specified deadline, indicating the date on which the copy of the diploma giving access to UNIL will be sent to the Admissions Office.
|more details concerning the registration procedure|